History

Move Button Move Button
Our Church History

The Bancroft Church of God Mission was founded March 2, 1939 by the Reverend R.L. Gibson. Church services were held in the back of his store until March of 1940 when a new building was constructed behind the store. In late 1943, the original sections of our present church were completed.

Since 1939, Bancroft Church of God Mission has grown from a one-room church to an assembly of nearly 200. Lives have been touched with sorrows and blessings and many souls have been saved. The heritage continues on through the joys and the tears of the congregation.


Move Button Move Button
Former Pastors


Move Button Move Button

R.L. Gibson : 1939 – 1954, 1955 – 1966

Jim Davis : 1954 – 1955

Carl Arthur : 1966 – 1967

James Legg : 1967-1971, 1975

John King : 1972-1974, 1982-1983

Ralph Workman : 1976 – 1982

Move Button Move Button

Dick Gibson : 1983 – 1988, 1990 – 1992

Arnie Persinger : 1988 – 1990

Dave Lett : 1992 – 1993

James Arthur : 1993 – 1997

John Taylor : 1997 – 2003

Earl Cochran : 2004 – 2010

Move Button Move Button

Jim Legg : 2010 – present